August 3rd 2016
- Streamline Solutions is delighted to announce the release v2.2.0 of ELEMENTS, an open-source based CFD software suite for vehicle design applications. The product combines two tools: a dedicated wizard type interface for modelling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications, such as: UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows, aeroacoustics, soiling, etc.
ELEMENTS v2.2.0 is supported in both Linux and Windows platforms and incorporates over 100 new features, improvements and bug fixes with respect to the previous release v2.1.0. The software also includes a new version of the open-source CFD simulation engine HELYX-Core (v2.2-2.5) developed and maintained by ENGYS based on the OpenFOAM® libraries.
An exciting new feature in this release is the ELEMENTS-Adjoint add-on module. This add-on provides access to a unique continuous-adjoint CFD solver for topology and shape optimization developed by ENGYS based on the extensive theoretical work of Dr. Carsten Othmer of Volkswagen AG, Corporate Research. The technology has been extensively proven and validated through productive use in real-life design applications over the last 7 years, including: vehicle external aerodynamics, in-cylinder flows, HVAC ducts, turbomachinery components, battery cooling channels, among others. ELEMENTS-Adjoint is particularly suitable for high-accuracy external aerodynamics calculations of drag sensitivities thanks to an advanced formulation for handling DES type transient flows solutions. All Adjoint related features are fully supported in the GUI for complete ease-of-use.
Other enhancements delivered with this new version of ELEMENTS include, but are not limited to:
- Improved DES solver robustness with advanced velocity filters
- Improved simulation best practices for external aerodynamics of SUV, squareback and stock vehicle types
- New import functions for OBJ, STEP and IGES geometry data
- New inlet turbulent atmospheric boundary condition
- Improved features for data visualization and post-processing
- Up-to-date documentation, all accessible via the Help menu in the GUI
- The latest installation files for both Linux and Windows are now available for download to all ELEMENTS customers from our Customer Portal at http://engys.com/clients.
For further information about ELEMENTS features and availability please visit the dedicated microsite at http://elements.streamline-cae.com
or email email@example.com
About Streamline Solutions
Streamline Solutions LLC, a joint venture formed between ENGYS and Auto Research Center, was founded in the USA in early 2012 to serve the vehicle design software market, covering automotive, motorsports, commercial and military applications. The company develops and promote the software suite ELEMENTS, a CAE platform for CFD analysis and vehicle design optimisation powered by open-source technologies. Streamline Solutions combines ENGYS’ leading-edge software development and support, a long and reputable participation in the open-source software business, with ARC’s proven vehicle design expertise and world leading wind tunnel and experimental facilities for validation purposes.
About Auto Research Center
Auto Research Center, LLC is a research & development facility that provides analysis using its various testing devices such as wind tunnel, CFD Elements software, seven post rig and drive train test rig, as well as design and consultancy services. The majority of ARC’s customer base involves professional automotive racing teams, automotive manufacturers, delivery vehicle manufacturers, and heavy duty truck and trailer manufactures and military, all of which are concerned about efficiency, handling, and fuel economy.